Your LSU Campus PCs are here to help make sure you stay safe, your belongings stay safe, and that you have as great a year in University as possible.
Facebook – Loughborough University Police
Twitter – @lborounipolice
If you’re living off the campus this year please remember our safety tips!!! Don’t be an easy target for thieves!
- Lock ALL windows and doors before you leave the house – never assume someone else will do it.
- Don’t leave upper floor windows unlocked or open – some burglars are good at climbing! Put your wheelie bins away cos they can use that to climb on too!
- If you store your bike in your garden, make sure you lock it with a ‘D’ lock to something solid.
- Write your student ID number on all of your valuables with a UV pen. They are cheap to buy and are available in most stationary shops! Forensic property marking kits are an effective way of uniquely marking your property too. Marking your property deters thieves and helps us to return your property to you should it be stolen.
- Take a look at www.immobilise.com it is a free and easy way to register all of your valuables, so that you will always have a detailed record should any of them go missing.
- Don’t leave bags, coats, laptops or other valuables unattended in any public place.
- Never leave your drink unattended in any public place.
- When on your way home at night, stick to main routes and well-lit areas and always travel with at least one other person. ALWAYS call for a cab if you have to travel alone.
Anti Social Behaviour; Acting in a manner that is causing or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household as the perpetrator.
Anti Social Behaviour can include the following;
- Residents being noisy when going out and returning after nights out
- People shouting and singing loudly when walking through the estate, at various times of the evening and night
- Residents having noisy house parties, with excessive noise spilling out in the street
- Drinking open vessels of Alcohol in the street
Please follow these simple steps to minimize any disruption:
- Leave your property in smaller groups, Get taxi’s to your destination and wait inside your property for the taxi.
- Please be considerate when having people round your house before and after a night out, don’t invite large numbers of people back to your property. Keep your windows and doors closed at all times to keep the noise inside, and keep the volume of music to a minimum.
- Do not drink Alcohol in the street, walk in small groups, and do not shout or sing to each other.
We are working in close partnership with Charnwood Borough Council and Loughborough University. We take complaints of anti-social behaviour seriously and any complaints received, will be thoroughly investigated. Those found responsible, will be dealt with using a joint Police and Council incremental response. Resulting interventions could be disclosed on Criminal Record Bureau checks. The University also takes anti-social behaviour seriously and may invoke disciplinary proceeding, if complaints involve University Students.
To report any ASB please contact,
Charnwood Borough Council: 01509 634355
University Security: 01509 222141