A healthy body and a healthy mind is important for every person. The list below includes various peoplem organisations, services and associations chosen with the LGBT+ community in mind, for you to use for whatever questions, concerns or support you need.
Loughborough LGBT+ Association Support Services
Alex mARLOWE – LSU LGBT+ Officer
sARAH Tan – LGBT+ Health & Wellbeing Officer
Kaylee Sullivan – LGBT+ Vice chair and Trans Officer
- Loughborough Students Union’s voluntary, student-led body who support anyone who identifies within the LGBT+ Community from Loughborough University, Loughborough University London, Loughborough College and the RNIB College
- The committee establish a safe and supportive community for students, running events, meetups and generally being a friendly group of facea with a want to listen and be welcoming
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/loughboroughlgbta
- Messaging Service: https://m.me/loughboroughlgbta (for non-urgent issues or advice, the volunteers will get back to you as soon as they can)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Support Services
Matt youngs – Welfare & Diversity Executive Officer
Alison Johnston – Welfare & Diversity Administrator
- A confidential and non-judgmental service that can advise on a range of issues including academic misconduct, appealing results and mitigating circumstances.
- Phone: 01509 635072
- Downstairs in the union, opposite asap.
- Loughborough Nightline is a confidential, non-advisory, out of hours student listening service, for conversation on any topic. Run by the students, for the students of Loughborough.
- The volunteers operate every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during University term time. They are a fantastic service that many students utilise for their warmth in conversation, and even as a way of having someone friendly to talk to on the journey home.
- Phone: 01509 227 650 (8pm – 8am)
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lboronightline/
- Instant Messaging Service: 8pm – midnight https://m.me/lboronightline
University Support Services
Counselling & Disability Service
All these services can be visited in the Bridgeman building.
Centre for Faith & Spirituality
- A place where students and staff are welcomed to reflect, explore and express faith and spirituality.
Student Advice & Support Service
- Free, confidential and impartial advice on financial, housing and international matters.
Loughborough University International Office
Key University Staff
Richard Taylor – Chief Operating Officer
Abida Akram – Staff Development Adviser (Equality & Diversity)
Local (Leicestershire) Services
Trade Sexual Health
- Trade is a health and sexual health charity providing free, confidential health advice, support and information for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Their services run Monday to Thursday: 9:30am – 5:00pm and Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
- They run events, collaborate with local organisations, and have the facilities for sexual health testing. They also offer a confidential, donation based counselling service following an application submitted online
- Address: 2nd Floor, 27 Bowling Green Street, Leicester LE1 6AS
- Phone: 0116 254 1747
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TradeSHealth/
United Against Violence and Abuse (UAVA)
- A partnership between local councils and the Police & Crime Commissioner to provide support and advice for victims of domestic and sexual abuse in Leicestershire, online and via their helpline.
Leicestershire Rape Crisis (Jasmine House)
- Free and confidential service provided by women for women and girls who have experienced rape, sexual abuse and sexual violence either recently or in the past.
- 0116 255 8852
- Website (inc. contact form): www.jasminehouse.org.uk
Loughborough Health Centre – Integrated Sexual Health Services
- Free, confidential services offering a choice of walk-in or appointments to provide all your sexual health needs
- For the walk in clinic, it is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am – 12pm and Saturdays 9am – 1:30pm
- There are specific slots for people aged 24 and under only. These are Mondays: 5pm – 7:30pm and Wednesdays and Fridays 1:30pm – 7:30pm
- Scheduled appointments can be arranged on the phone and are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am – 12:30pm
- Phone: 0300 124 0102 and 0800 318 908 (helpline)
- Address: Pinfold Gate, Loughborough, LE11 1DQ
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/LeicesterSHS
National Information/Listening Services
- Widely supported and supportive LGBT+ charity, stemming right back to the very first campaigns for LGBT+ rights and welfare. Their mission is to stronger unite us, and have laid deep foundations in organisations and institutions across Britain.
- Their online resources are extremely comprehensive, ranging from a glossary of terms and identities, events and conferences, advice on how to come out, hate crime and many more
- Phone: 020 7593 1850
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/stonwalluk/
Samaritans (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- A round the clock, confidential listening service. They won’t rush or interrupt, letting you lead the conversation, talking to them for however you like for as often as you like.
- You can talk about difficult issues with them, and know that however bad it may feel, there is always someone there to listen and to help.
- The young Suicide Prevention charity, has many resources and help available on their website
- Their helpline will provide confidential advice and support to young people and anyone worried about young people
- Phone: 0800 068 4141
- A safe place for LGBT+ people, with calm words, where no topic of conversation is off limits
- They promise to talk things through, to not end the call until that point, that everything is confidential and you will be speaking to someone who self identifies as LGBT+
- Instant Messaging service (click on the chat icon on the website above)
- Phone: 0300 330 0630 (10am – 10pm every day)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founded in Manchester, and supports LGBT+ people in whatever aspect they can, be it sexual health, mental wellbeing, if you’re questioning your gender identity or are being discriminated.
- The Helpline Services provide thousands of hours of advice and support to thousands of people every year. It has been running for over 35 years, and is staffed by a team of dedicated staff and volunteer operators, all of whom receive extensive training and support.
- Phone: 0345 330 3030, 9am until 9pm Monday to Friday, and 10am until 6pm Saturday.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/LGBTFdn/
Welfare & Diversity Committee Associations
Consent & Sexual Health Coordinator (CASH): firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Officer: email@example.com
Ethnic Minorities Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heads Up Coordinator: email@example.com
International Development Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBT+ Officer: email@example.com
Mature Students’ Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nightline Coordinator: email@example.com
Women’s Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org