Welcome the the LSU Disability Support Network!
The DSN is a student run association which represents disabled students at Loughborough University.
Our aims are:
- To address accessibility issues across campus
- To promote and run campaigns to raise awareness of all types of disabilities
- To hold events for disabled students so that they can get involved in all opportunities available at Loughborough
- To provide a safe and confidential environment for disabled students to talk openly about their disability
- To implement the DSN Nightlife Scheme
As of the 2018/19 academic year we are starting a monthly newsletter which will be available – here. Additionally, if you would like to be emailed our monthly newsletter please email the LSU Disability Officer: W&DDisabilityOfficer@lsu.co.uk
Also keep a look out for us appearing on LSU Radio or in Label Magazine as we continue to raise awareness of the challenges of living with a disability as a student at Loughborough University and wider society.
Please feel free to contact your Disability Officer, Sally Handford, or get involved through information provided on the Contact Us page.
APPLICATIONS FOR MEDIA OFFICER NOW OPEN - Deadline 3rd of december
LSU Disability Officer (DSN Chair)
This is a volunteer role.
This role is aimed at a media / graphics / design / art student who can demonstrate that they are adept in producing posters and videos and therefore would be able to support our campaigns and events by producing social media content. The appointed individual will be confident in working in advance of the publish date to give time for posters and videos to be approved before they are released. This is a great opportunity for a student to develop their own portfolio and gain experience outside of their course. If there is significant interest from strong candidates, the role may be given to two individuals.
* Create promotional material such as videos and posters for events and campaigns
* Create committee update videos
* Producing social media content for the DSN facebook, twitter, Instagram and snapchat
* Take photographs and videos at events and upload them to the social media channels
* Remain in frequent contact with the Welfare & Diversity Media Officer
* Work with LSU Brand, LSU Marketing and LSU Media when required
* Attend weekly meetings
* Work closely with the DSN Events Officers, Campaigns Officer and Communications Officer to produce content to support their roles.
When will interviews be?
Interviews will take place between the 5th and the 13th December.
Will I receive training?
Yes, you will receive training before the Christmas break.
When will I start my role?
You will start your role after the Christmas Break
Click here to download the application form