"The leading student body at Loughborough who are responsible to represent the interests and
be the voice of students in all sporting matters at Loughborough University."
Home - About Us - Meetings - Loughborough's Sporting Offer - Contact Us
What does the Sport Senate do?
- Represents the interests and act as the voice of students in all sporting matters at Loughborough University.
- Represent Loughborough Students’ Sport to external bodies outside of The Union and Loughborough University.
- Supports The Union’s membership and provides advocacy for these students on sport.
- Promotes student leadership and responsibility within all sporting sections.
- Provides a link with the Sport Development Centre’s senior leadership team.
- Works with The Union and Sport Experience Team to support the provision and management of programmes of sport at Loughborough.
- Ensures all students feel able to take part in sport at the appropriate level, providing lifelong experiences through sport.
How does the Sport Senate do this?
- Attends the Student Sport Retreat with University Staff to build relationships and discuss the strategy for Loughborough's Sporting Offer.
- Organises regular meetings throughout the academic year and openly publishes meeting minutes.
- Creates clear communication pathways for anyone wanting to consult or gain insight from the group.
- Ensures transparency of the group's composition and justifies relevant changes.
- Holds the Sport Executive Officer accountable throughout their tenure.
For more information about the Sport Senate, please see the group's constitution here.