Terms & Conditions of Membership
Loughborough Students' Union Societies
I am aware it is my responsibility to:
- Inform the Societies committee/coach/trip organiser of any medical conditions or previous injuries that may affect my safe participation in any event organised by the Society or Students’ Union.
- Ensure that I fully understand the exact nature of each activity I undertake, the risks involved, skill levels required and the equipment needed for my safe participation.
- Not participate in any activity where I am unsure of any of the aspects mentioned in point 2.
- Notify my next of kin of my desire to take part prior to engaging in the activity/event.
- Provide a parental consent form if I am under 18.
By purchasing Societies Insurance and affiliating to a Loughborough Students' Union society, I agree to act in accordance with the Societies Constitution and ALL other Societies Policies.
I understand that in the event of my Society/Club ceasing to operate for the period of 3 academic years that the funds raised by through membership will be transferred into the central Societies fund to be used to benefit the greater student membership.
I also agree that any photographs / videos taken in relation to organised club activities may be used by the Students Union, or Loughborough University for its promotional material at their discretion. They may be used in printed and electronic form and may appear in different publications (including but not exclusively, websites, television and large scale exhibition panels) within the UK and overseas including countries outside the European Economic Area. (No photos of under 18s will be used without specific written parental consent for each instance).
The Societies Insurance charge includes Endsleigh cover, which is applicable while taking part in Loughborough Students’ Societies organised events or in training and practice sessions; cover includes whilst travelling to and from any of these activities.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION CAREFULLY – it is recommended that you obtain additional personal accident insurance cover if you feel this is insufficient for your needs.
ENSDLEIGH ESSENTIAL COVER ACCIDENT COVER DETAILS
TYPE OF COVER CASH BENEFIT
Accidental death £30,000
Permanent Disabling injuries Up to £50,000
Temporary Total Disablement £40 per week (exc the first 7 days)
Dental injury Up to £500 (excluding first £25)
Hospital Confinement £20 per day (maximum 90 days)
Additional Travel Expenses Up to £100 (minimum claim £25)
Cost of a private ambulance to
local hospital Unlimited
Travel costs to home address following
discharge from hospital £100
Loss of earnings Up to £50 per week
Examination Re-Sit Expenses Up to £2,500
If you wish to understand more about the Personal Accident Cover please read the summary.
Sport Insurance Summary
Please direct any queries on the Terms & Conditions to the Societies EO: email@example.com