Why being a Course Rep is such a great opportunity?
• Training Opportunities
• Improve your leadership, communication and negotiation skills
• Increase your confidence
• Improve college life for you and your peers
• A great addition to your CV
What is expected of a Course Rep?
• Represent the views of students at course meetings and tackle issues that matter
• Get involved in quality assurance processes to improve quality of courses, teaching and learning
• Attend Student Council meetings and Conferences throughout the year to discuss changes that would make college a better place for students
• Promote student rights
• Work with and direct Student Executive on behalf of students
• Help promote events and activities available to students
Who supports Course Reps?
• Your Tutor, College Student Executive, LSU Executive Staff, Student Development Team
When do I start!!!
Elections will take place in September 2012
• Nominate yourself for the position when your tutor asks
• You will be asked to talk in front of your group why you want to be a Course Rep and what you can bring to the role
• Students in your class will then vote for their Course Representative
Training starts in October